God's Blessings

God's Blessings
God's Blessings

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 25, 2009

I had my follow up appointment today. Specialist is very happy with my blood work. My levels are down from where they were earlier this month so I don't have to go again for another 5 weeks. He's a bit concerned about my weight loss, but I think the last weigh in wasn't a good one to begin with.

Weight: 124
BP: 99/55
HB: 80

March 21, 2009

Baby has decided to make its presence known tonight by trying to kick its daddy. It's such a gentle flutter at this stage it's almost surreal.

I'm finally starting to feel a lot better. The morning sickness has finally eased and I'm feeling a lot more energetic.

March 17, 2009

Today I had my specialists appointment for my hyperthyroidism. The doctor sent me for more blood tests to follow the thyroid levels.

Weight: 130
BP: 99/66

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11, 2009

I had my regular prenatal check-up today. My thyroid level is a little high so I'll be referred to a specialist to keep on top of it so there won't be any complications in my pregnancy. The doctor is not overly concerned, but wants to keep on top of it so there will be no need to worry.

The earlier ultrasound showed no fibroids and all is good. Baby is just eager to grow!

I'm to go back in 2 weeks for a blood test and then back for an update the week after.

Weight 123, up 2 pounds
BP 100/60

March 9, 2009

Today we had our second ultrasound. It was to measure the nuchal fold. Our LO decided that it would be great to play a game of hide and seek and was very shy at showing the nuchal fold. When LO finally co-operated, the nuchal fold measured at 1.2cm. Our LOs heartbeat was 169. This one must be eager to grow up already since the measurement shows 11 weeks 6 days, another 4 days earlier than last time.

Our risk of Downs Syndrome went from 1:15 to 1:100 just for age. I am now officially 6 years younger. 

Our genetic counsellor is extremely optimistic that all is well.

The amnio is scheduled for April 3, 2009.

March 4, 2009

Today was our genetic counseling appointment. Due to the timing of the appointment, we have the option of CVS or amnio. I'm really leaning towards amnio since any increased risk of miscarriage is too high. This is my last try at this, and I really don't want to take the risk. DH has agreed. The genetic counsellor was able to offer us an ultrasound so that we can make a better informed decision. The only good thing about the CVS is that we find out 4 weeks earlier how things are progressing.

As we neared the end of the session, we were offered an ultrasound appointment for Monday so that we can better decide between CVS and amnio.

I can't wait until then to see our LO again.